Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Life is grand

Yesterday was a good day. Really, an absolutely fabulous, stuff of legend kind of day.

The evidence:
- Virtually no traffic on the drive to work. Whoo!
- A reasonably paced day at the office - no giant fires
- I reported an issue that got a lot of attention in Canada, and my theory on what is causing the issue across North America sparked some interest and is being investigated by the vendor as we speak
- I had my annual review which was even more complementary than I expected, since I have only had my manager title for 3 months.
- Was told I am "rock-solid" in an area I have long considered my weakness
- Heard that a few other nice work recognition pieces are coming my way
- Had a coworker tell me I need to eat more chocolate because I'm too skinny for my pants (heh.)
- Got home while it was still daylight (something that's been rare for me in the last month)
- Discovered a bunch of plants I ordered awhile ago were delivered just in time for me to come home early today and plant on the nicest day of the week.
- Discovered a check I had forgotten about, yielding a chunk of "found money"
- Opened my email to find the sweetest, most heartfelt love letter from my hubby
- Spent the remainder of the evening snuggled up with aforementioned cute husband catching up on TV and eating yummy spinach pizza.
- Passed out at a reasonable hour and got plenty of sleep (also rare for me!)

Now that I think about it, the whole week starting with Adam & Dena's wedding on Saturday has just been spectacular, filled with family, friends, recognition and love with a big side of fun. As I said before, life is grand :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home