Monday, March 13, 2006

F@rk!

So I was all ready for spring, and those of you who live in Minnesota know how well that worked out today.

10 inches of wet, heavy, sloppy snow. I took a snow day (AKA "workin' from home" *wink wink*) because there was no way I was taking my sporty little vehicle out in that slop.

I stayed in bed in denial until 10AM. Tom got all bundled up and braved the elements around noon to snow blow the driveway. He came in with icicles on the beard. Ouch.

When I finally did get up, I sauntered into my newly refinished den. Whoo! In the last two weeks, we removed all the excess stuff, refinished the hardwood floor, painted the walls and blah dark old trim, pained the ceiling, put up bookshelves and a new cabinet...I still have to put crown moulding on the floor to ceiling bookcases, but I *adore* being in my office now. I sat in here the other night and just stared at the walls. It all makes me SO happy...almost as happy as 10 inches of snow melting before I have to shovel it. :)

1 Comments:

At 3/21/2006 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should take pictures of the new den.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home