Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I'm resuming my ark project.

What the heck was that rain last night?

I pulled into my driveway last night around 9:30PM only to be greated by an actual river flowing down the path on the side of the house. The water had worn away the dirt and found a lip so it could launch off the end of the path directly at my car. I was not amused.

The news said we got something like 3 inches of rain/hail in the course of 2-3 hours. Whee! Tom had undertaken a project to raise the basement window well cover slightly but ran out of time to finish the last little bit on Sunday night. That little bit? Raising the back of the cover slightly to allow rain to flow away from the house. Yeah. Unfinished project + 3 inches of rain = wet basement.

I got a bunch of plants in the ground this weekend, which I'm sure benefitted from the rain. I had one planter that I discovered does not have drainage holes - my poor little pepper plants were floating on top of 3" of water :( I have a feeling my evening will involve one or two rainproofing projects!

3 Comments:

At 5/17/2006 10:10 PM, Blogger Deeboh said...

You got a garden and I have plants... interested?

Purple coneflower?
Purple Aster?
Black eyed susan?
ribbon grass?

Anyone?

 
At 5/18/2006 8:16 AM, Blogger GwenGwen said...

ooooh- ribbon grass sounds cool! I culd also probably find a home for the aster and the black eyed susan - do they like morning sun?

 
At 5/18/2006 8:17 AM, Blogger GwenGwen said...

Oh, and I have plenty o' hostas to share....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home