Friday, August 11, 2006

This time its personal.

*sigh*

That's it. My parents are no longer allowed on international flights.

My father has been on business in Europe for the last week and a half, and he is due to return to the US on a flight from London's Heathrow airport today. While it sounds like he'll make it home as scheduled, he will be packing up all his luggage, including his laptop for the cargo hold.

While talking to my Mom about this whole thing yesterday, I remembered where the two of them were on 9/11: In Newark, NJ, boarding planes. My parents were returning from South America via Newark with seperate flights to Minneapolis. My mom's flight took off around 8:43 AM, a few planes behind United Flight 93. My Dad was slated to fly at just after 9 AM and never made it off the ground. The remainder of that week is a looooooong story, but it is sufficient to say they were both too close for comfort.

I can only take so many calls telling me that one or both of my parents is in the midst of a terrorist ruckus. Since we are now up to 2 such events, I'm banning my parents from planes! Enough is enough already :)

1 Comments:

At 8/12/2006 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am on my way to pick up your dad in fargo, so all's well that ends well...and what's this i hear about you boarding a plane for tokyo???if you listened to npr this morning you will know why i say, take the flight that has the lowest insurance rates! ;-)loveya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home