Monday, July 17, 2006

And on Saturdays, God created The Tick. And it was good.

Late last night, Tom and I threw ourselves down on the couch after a long weekend of landscaping in the nasty, humid heat of the weekend. Since its summer and there is nothing on TV, I planned to quickly skim the TV listings before settling on the Star Trek:DS9 DVDs we have from Netflix. I pulled up the guide and set to surfing with my last ounce of energy...

Suddenly, something popped out on the screen. THE TICK! Holy cow - and not any of the OK newfangled stuff - the hardcore, old school cartoon! Little Wooden Boy and the Belly of Love was the episode playing. The Tick is probably my favorite cartoon of all time. For reasons I never understood it was not replayed on TV, nor was there a DVD or other such fun stuff for me to go back and relive my early college years rising early (10AM) on Saturday just to watch the Tick. I have some rather hazy VHS recording of my favorite episodes, but its on VHS for cryin' out loud. (My husband would disown me if he caught me watching VHS on his fancy home theater equipment.)
Finally, after years and years of not seeing it, there it was :) Every night at 9:30PM on Toon Disney (WTF?) I can pretend I am 19, sleeping on a futon and eating cold cereal while I revel in the humor that is The Tick. SPOOOOOOON!

And oh was it good. Like a tall drink of water after a week in the desert. Duh dwee duh duh duh dwee dow. Duh dweeeee duh duh duh dwee dow......

1 Comments:

At 8/04/2006 2:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was searching blogs,and I found yours.Please,
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my tomy baby toys site.
Have a good day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home