Tuesday, September 12, 2006

"I Voted"

Did you?

Most of you know I am the head election judge for my precinct, so I spent the day today working the polls. Polls, people, not poles. Get your head out of the gutter.

My day started at 5AM with a cold shower. I threw on some makeup, pulled my hair back and dashed out the door. On the way to my precinct I grabbed some chow since judges cannot leave the polling place on election day. I arrived shortly before 6AM and our team of judges started the hour long process to open the polls.

From 7AM to 8PM we were busy! Be nice to your election judges - we work 16-17+ hours days on election days and are constantly trying to remember and follow a million new election rules and laws. I learn a lot about the process every time and find people's reactions to the rules and regulations interesting. It's now 11PM, and I'm exhausted, but the results have been delivered to the election officials. :)

Anywho, make sure you vote. Even in primaries. As Deb says, "You all get the government you deserve!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home