Friday, June 08, 2007

Vermont Vacation

For the last week I've been at a health spa in Vermont with my mom, with a mini-trip to Salem, MA.

The spa was a neat place and I met a ton of neat people. I worked out 5-6 hours each day and survived! I learned about a bunch of new foods and was reminded of some foods I've enjoyed before.

Each morning we got up, had breakfast, and then headed out on a 3-4 hour hike on different trails in the moutains. Afternoons were yoga, pilates, dance, pool workout, Qigong and other classes. The last hike I went on, I took the intermediate trail up to Deer Leap (5.5 miles round trip through thick woods).

When I got to the top, here's what I saw:
 


It was absolutely breathtaking. And high. Dang high. Top of the world!



 

(More pictures in My Web Gallery - June 2007)

I didn't read work email the whole week and enjoyed the relaxation. I was reminded how much I enjoy the woods and of the value of pushing up the hill, even when you don't want to. Anyone know any good hiking areas near the city?

1 Comments:

At 8/15/2007 9:35 PM, Blogger Solange said...

Ah yes...you spoke about this pic at girl's night...very nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home