Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Engaging in Sushi

Tonight most of the engaged couples we know ventured out to Ichiban for all you can eat sushi. The group included: Newly engaged Adam and Dena, Deb and Ter, Adam and the spirit of Heather, and Tom and me.
This was much fun - the chefs put all the sushi out on boats that float in a moat (take that Dr. Seuss!) and go around in front of you. We all sampled tons of sushi and had fabulous cucumber salad. Adam K and I figured out that we met 10 years ago, before either of us had met my lovely fiance. I recounted the first time I met Dena (months after she and Adam V started dating), and Tom recalled that Dena once marinated a pork chop for Adam. Interesting what some people remember....it must be wishful thinking because the chances of me marinating a pork chop for Tom are about as good as the chances of me drinking a glass of scotch. Not gonna happen.

The group then decided to wander down Nicollet Mall in search of a good stiff drink - and ended up on the upstairs patio at Brits watching lawn bowling. Much discussion of weddings and honeymoons and proposals ensued as the sun began to set.

We walked back to the parking garage and parted from our friends. Tom and I went back to his new hybrid Highlander (picked up today!) and proceeded to be spanked by the navigation system in the car. Although it was very insistent, I decided home was not in Kansas. I guess we'll need to read the manual! *Love* the car though - very nifty and absolutely silent when idling.

I was dropped off at my car and wandered home to play with the birds before bed. Ah.... bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home