Monday, December 05, 2005

Recessed Lighting & Ceiling Paint

Tom and I were busy little home improvement beavers this weekend. We pulled down the existing track lighting in the living room and replaced it with recessed lighting (which I LOVE!). We then painted the entire ceiling which runs from the living room into the kitchen and down the hallway. On top of that we took an epic shopping trip to Menards and shoveled after the inch or so snowfall on Saturday. Whew!
The recessed lighting was suprisingly easy to install. The biggest challenge was dealing with the old insulation from the attic. The stuff seriously looks like sawdust! It was a real treat to inhale :)
I'd really like to add some color to the living room walls now. I'm thinking maybe a light taupe or green...the ongoing home improvement saga never ends, but its getting closer to fin.

2 Comments:

At 12/05/2005 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed to hear about all of your hard work! The new lighting sounds beautiful.

Let me know if you need help painting cuz you know I'm a painting fiend!!

 
At 12/09/2005 2:57 PM, Blogger Deeboh said...

Menards is the mecca of home improvement. I share your disgust with the old insulation in the attic. Mine was the same, and I got the short straw to install the recessed lights.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home