Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Finding My Zen.

Late this summer, as a part of my focus on losing weight, I started taking up yoga. My employer made this shamefully easy by offering Monday and Friday 1-hour classes in the auditorium literally steps away from my desk.

I absolutely LOVE my yoga classes. We don't have class this week or next due to the holidays, and I'm feeling an urge to stretch almost constantly! I miss stretching, I miss being sore after the hardcore Monday sessions, I miss relaxing after the Friday sessions - I just miss it! Our YMCA offers sessions on Tuesday and Thursday - I'm going to have to make sure to attend at least one per week or I'll be dying over here.

If you haven't tried yoga before, I highly recommend it. You can make your sessions as easy or hard as you want to by changing up your poses to match your ability. A good yoga instructor will inspire you to focus and do your best at each pose, but will not push you into doing anything that hurts or doesn't feel good. And while some poses might be challenging at first, it feels SO GOOD when you get to the end of your practice.

Now if I could just get my coworkers to stop giving me funny looks when I do forward folds in my cube....

2 Comments:

At 12/26/2006 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's a cow-roker? sounds weird ;-o

 
At 12/27/2006 12:39 PM, Blogger GwenGwen said...

Spell-checking is obviously not one of my strong suits! :>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home