Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Holy Holidays Batman

What a holiday we had!

Friday, Tom and I both had the day off and got to work cooking and wrapping presents to go over to my sister's house to celebrate with my parents. My sister cooked a goose my dad brought back from his hunting adventures in Canada (I had a veggie roast, but I understand the goose was faboo), we had rosemary mashed potatoes, baked brie with apples, lots of yummy olives, gravy, a giant salad, a delicious pot pie made from scratch by Amber, and tiaramisu and cheesecake for desert. My dad wasn't feeling well so he turned in while Amber, Mom, Tom and I watched Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol.
Christmas Eve Amber and I were in charge of the shift at the parrot rescue. Fortunately we had great staff and were able to get all the work done AND share treats with the birds in 5 hours. I got home, showered and changed just in time for us to be off to see Tom's family in Eden Prairie. Another delicious meal with way too much desert was served! It was great to see everyone and talk politics. We participated in the annual gift game and somehow I came home with a golf club organizer...
Christmas Day was jam packed with TWO family visits. In the morning we went to see Tom's parents and open gifts. We had the traditional champagne breakfast and enjoyed seeing all the remodeling progress in his parents' house. In the afternoon, we went to the home of my cousins Janice and Scott. Even more wonderful and tempting food was served including a salad with dates and a delicious walnut oil dressing. After visiting with Scott, Janice, my cousins Phyllis and Duane (and their daughters Kirsten and Kallie - who had a very entertaining Iz and astronomy projector to play with) we headed home around 5 pm.
Monday I was off to the Landing (parrot rescue) to lead another shift. We flew through our chores and everyone was on their way home by 2:30 PM. The afternoon was filled with home improvement part deux. Tom's gift from me this year was a pair of SpeakerCraft in-wall speakers for his home theater. Tom purchased an additional pair to be side speakers in the ceiling. So we cut holes in the wall and the ceiling and dug around in the insulation AGAIN! Once the speakers were in I touched up the wall paint and we collapsed on the couch.
I had Tuesday off as well and decided to run errands. Yikes - so many people still shopping! Its like a shopping orgy out there. I took our change collection (7 years worth) to the bank. It was HEAVY!!! After the nice teller laughed at me she put the change in the machine which counted 4,600 coins. I was then off to buy a new shower curtain to go with the crescent shower rod and fabric shower liner my parents and sister gave me. A quick stop at Target and Barnes & Noble and I was done shopping.
I put up the curtain and arranged the beautiful bathroom accessories I got for Christmas. My bathroom is starting to look like a spa - I love it! Now I just need to get the wood off the walls...

Yes, Charlie Brown, it was a good holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home