Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!

Whew - 2006 is finally here!

In 2005 I:
  • Married my best friend (corny but true!)
  • Had a fabulous wedding and was overwhelmed by the love of family & friends
  • Enjoyed another reception at the Inn at Maple Crossing thrown by my parents for Tom & me
  • Saw Brandon Halstad for the first time in 13 years - I used to babysit him!
  • Saw my family's foreign exchange student Takumi (and his family) for the first time in 12 years
  • Learned some javascript and learned more about ASP
  • Volunteered over 300 hours at MAARS and Habitat for Humanity
  • Was head election judge for my precinct
  • Met the mother-in-law of my high school creative writing teacher (also an election judge!)
  • Celebrated 4 weddings: JP & Sheila, Amy & Andy, Deb & Terre and Adam & Heather
  • Celebrated the pregnancy of our friends Mary Stainbrook-Tri & Ben Tri
  • Celebrated birthdays and holidays with both of our families
  • Enjoyed spending time with Deb, my sister and Sue preparing for the wedding (Thanks guys!)
  • Spent 14 days in the hospital (all better now!)
  • Went hiking on the North Shore with Tom
  • Started a blog
  • Lost 22 pounds
  • Started a new decade - my 30's
  • Enjoyed some awesome sushi meals with friends
  • Installed a new vanity in the bathroom
  • Scraped, painted and generally restored the backyard deck
  • Traveled to Toronto, Canada 4 times
  • Caved in and finally got an iPod
  • Lived, laughed, and learned - life is good.

In 2006 I plan to:

  • Love my husband even more :)
  • Get more organized and procrastinate less
  • Continue to lose weight
  • Meet a happy, healthy Tri baby
  • Continue to enjoy my work
  • Travel to Tokyo
  • Celebrate more weddings: Adam & Dena and Rhonda & Gary
  • Cook for my hubby more often
  • Replace the deck on the front of the house
  • Be a better gardener
  • Set up a photogallery for my blog
  • See Susan start her senior year in high school
  • Laugh even more, love even more, and learn even more

What are you hoping or planning for in 2006?

1 Comments:

At 1/04/2006 8:20 PM, Blogger Deeboh said...

Happy New year right back at you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home